The following was a request that I just received:
In response to the devastating tragedy in Haiti, the YAL (Young Adult League) and OYP (Orthodox Young Professionals) have established a service project called OPERATION HAITI. They are collecting the following items, which will be sent directly to humanitarian aid groups on the ground in Haiti:
- hand towels
- metal nail files, nail clippers, and other grooming items
- bars of soap (bath size, new and wrapped in original packaging)
- toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash
- simple medical supplies (gauze, cotton balls, cotton swabs, gloves, etc.)
- bottles of water
- baby food
- boxes to contain the above
They are mobilizing quickly, to package and send these items next week on February 2nd. These items can be dropped off – from now until MONDAY, FEBRUARY 1st – in the following locations:
Holy Transfiguration Church (Marietta, GA), Parish Life Center – Sunday, after the Divine Liturgy
Holy Transfiguration Church (Marietta, GA), Office – Monday thru Friday, during normal business hours, 9:30am – 6:00pm.
Anyone available to assemble the kits and fill the boxes please plan on meeting the evening of the 2nf of February between 7:30 to 9 pm. Contact me for details.